Monday, March 5, 2012

Journal 2: Join the Flock


“Join the Flock”

Ferguson, H. (2010). Join the flock!. Learning and Leading with Technology, 12-15. Retrieved from www.iste.org/Libraries/ ...and.../June_July_2010_Join_the_Flock.sflb.ashx

“Enhance your twitter experience”

McClintock-Miller, S. (2010). Enhance you twitter experience. Learning and Leading with Technology,      15-17. Retrieved fromhttp://www.iste.org/Libraries/Leading_and_Learning_Docs/June_July_2010_Join_the_Flock.sflb.ashx

In the articles “Join the Flock” and “Enhance your twitter experience”, the authors discuss what twitter is and how it can be used in an educational way and even enhance students learning. The first part describes how to “set up your (twitter) account” it’s a must to have a bio and a photo so that people can make a personal connection with you over the internet. It then explains how to make a “PLN” by using twitter which will then allow you to “follow” individuals and groups. When looking at “enhance your twitter experience” it tells you how to “tag your tweet” and even how you can “use a Twitter Organizer” to separate all of your different groups and people that you follow. You can even “use the bookmarklet Hootlet, a tool within HootSuite, and send a tweet.” Which will allow other people to easily view different websites that you think are important or interesting. Twitter is a way to share information to others all over the world and if used correctly you may even end up making new friends and enhancing your students learning by having guest speakers come to your class that you connected with over twitter.

Question (1): “How do I like twitter?”
Answer (1): Personally I have been using twitter for a little over a mouth now and am still having a hard time getting into the swing of things. I am having a hard time finding people and things that I find interesting to “follow”. I still see twitter as a social networking that is not used for educational purposes. I have found many educational people/information but nothing that has stuck out to me.

Question (2):  “How will I use it in the future?”
Answer (2): Truly I do not see myself using twitter in the future and although I can see that it is a great way to connect to other people that I never would have interacted with, I see it more of a waste of time than useful. Although I still have not given up on twitter, so far it seems like this is one tool that I will not utilize when I become a teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment