Monday, March 5, 2012

Technology Self-Assessment: School 2.0

By emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information to support research and learning NETS III was used.
Module 1:

Reflection results for NETS-T Module: Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity

looking at number One: 1. I enable students to use technology to demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes.


NETS 1; Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity. I watched a TED video:http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html 
In this video Ken Robinson gave a 20 minute speech about how schools are failing because they are killing creativity in children. Our schools are so focused on Math, Science, Reading and Writing, that they often spend little to no time allowing the children to express themselves. Ken explains the importance of having creativity in school and how it is affecting our society. 
I think that Ken Robinson was not only inspirational but also correct as well, I am not that great at school but found my creativity in our art classes and after school programs. Sadly, I have given up on my art passion of ceramics in order to have time for school and work. My hope is that one day soon I will be able to reconnect to my creative side.


No comments:

Post a Comment